Academic Writing Tutorial: A 7-Paragraph Persuasive Essay Outline
When you are going to write a persuasive essay, you will have to select a side right from the start. Once you have made your side clear all you have to do is defend it. You will have to write in an argumentative tone so that the reader considers your point of view and at the end of the paper they have a different notion about the topic. You should not expect that the essay will change your reader completely but what you should expect is reconsideration or a second thought from the part of the reader. If a reader get’s second thought after reading your paper then you will know that it is well written.
Getting the format right
Now when you write a 7 paragraph paper you will have to keep certain things in mind. The first thing for instance is that the essay will have 7 paragraphs. There are other structural points you will have to consider. Many students find it difficult, expressing all the points in 7 paragraphs. Here are a few tips on how to do it.
Suggestions on completing an argumentative topic in 7 paragraphs:
- The first thing you must keep in mind is the back ground. You can start the introduction with a little background information about the topic. You do not have to give too many details but introduce the reader to what you are talking about.
- The second paragraph will have your views on the subject. You may give your strongest point in this paragraph. But do not try to mix too many points in one paragraph. A good rule of thumb is using one paragraph for one point and the relevant examples.
- Give enough examples to substantiate your point of view. Without credible examples the points will fall flat so it is very important that you give enough examples or case studies to make the reader see what you are talking about.
- Use three to four paragraphs to argue your point of view. Leaving one for conclusion you can use the rest for counter argument. It will be one or two paragraphs but make good use of it. When you write the counter arguments use your arguments to prove them wrong. You can also point out why they are less effective.
- Use the last paragraph to write your conclusion as a sort of overview.
Looking for professional paper writer? Hire this paper writing service - they write papers from scratch.